We all face loss eventually. There are many types of loss. Whether it is the loss of a child, a spouse, our faith, our mobility, a dear friend or a pet, we mourn. When the time is appropriate, we will deal with our grief. We are all different and no two stories are the same.
- does not bring on or delay death
- provides relief from pain or other distressing symptoms
- covers all aspects of care; physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual
- offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death
- provides support to the family coping with the loved one’s illness and during grief and after death
- respects personal, cultural, lifestyle and religious values and beliefs